PAFA, in collaboration with Amtrak, has arranged for Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station to be the next…
Philadelphia magazine and Fine Wine & Good Spirits present The 2013 Philadelphia Wine & Food…
The Spring Art Star Craft Bazaar is an outdoor retail art/craft show that is organized & juried…
Local Blogger Spotlight – OHMYDALIA!
I recently had the pleasure of meeting local Philly blogger, Migdalia Gonzalez (thanks to some good old-fashioned networking on Twitter), and fell in love with her blog OHMYDALIA. Described as a blog that “brings together blogs, artists, designer and other great voices to give you an inspiring discovery experience,” OHMYDALIA is a hub for the spunky and creative soul in all of us. Showcasing everything from her own personal life, delicious recipes (like this to die for “healthy triple chocolate cake“, style & design blogs, and Philadelphia culture, OHMYDALIA provides inspiration for all up-and-coming bloggers trying to make their own mark on the ‘interwebs’. Read below for my interview with Dalia herself and get to know one of Philly’s very-own bloggers!
1. Tell us more about yourself! Where did you go to school, what are some of your hobbies, etc.?
My name is Migdalia but I have a ton of nicknames – Migs, Miggy, Iggy, Dally, and of course…Dalia! I went to the Art Institute of Philadelphia where my love for fashion and marketing got married and made me one happy lady. I love to workout (weird, I know). I like playing sports, although I am not very good at them. I love to bake, which is a serious problem since I usually get the urge to make cupcakes at midnight. I love to go out dancing and be with my friends, and I like food. Which probably is why I like to workout. Happy mediums everywhere!
2. Give us a little breakdown on your blog and why you created it. Have you met a lot of other Philly bloggers because of it? What’s your favorite aspect of your blog?
I created my blog originally because I wanted to have a list of blogs I personally loved, a little bit about the blogger and some of my favorite posts by them. The blogs I would love the most revolved in the fashion, food, D.I.Y and interior design categories. It later grew to lifestyle and design blogs as well. I have connected with some local bloggers, my favorites being Sage & Berries, Eat. Sleep. Wear and A Daily Something. I also got to work with the blogger behind Fashion Whipped and had tons of fun connecting with them all. My favorite part about my blog is being able to share great finds with my friends and complete strangers.
3. Philly Fashion – Do or Don’t? How do you feel about the individual styles of Philadelphians and what are some of your favorite trends and stores in the city of brotherly love?
I would be the first to knock Philly fashion… I’ve always loved San Fran’s flowly and laid back style. However, specifically this past year, I have noticed Philly step up it’s game. I love the gritty street style that people come up with- especially when mixed with a statement piece or something unexpected (wild hair styles, fun shoes, crazy accessories, etc.). I think our men still have to step it up a bit – I’d like to see more button-up shirts, well-fitted slacks, linens and thrown in with a nice jacket or bold ties. But hey, maybe I’m just old fashioned! As for my favorite stores in the city, I love Smak Parlour and El Quetzal!
4. Top Summer Must Haves – What are the five things that you can’t leave your house without and why?
Summer Must haves?! Only 5!? Haha ok- I’ll try!
1) iPhone – Without it I am lost…
2) Love & Toast Hand Cream: Honey Coconut Scent - This is like being transported to a tropical island. It’s light without being too greasy, but moisturizes wonderfully!
3) Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheer with SPF 15 - It has a nice tint for my skin tone and leaves them protected from the mean sun and soft from the great moisturizers.
4) Boyfriend: Roll-on perfume - I am a huge fan of warm scents. This one is nice but not overpowering and comes in a roll-on container that makes it easy to throw in your bag or clutch!
5) Zone Perfect Bar – I am always hungry, so I always have something I can eat when I’m on-the-go. These bars keep me full, give me the protein I need for an intense workout and actually taste good. My favorite flavors are peanut butter chocolate (duh) and fudge graham cracker (it’s like a s’mores in a bar!).
5. On a typical Friday night, where can we find Dalia?
Depends – You can find me at home, catching up on the DVR’d shows, in front of my laptop working, OR I’m out in the city somewhere indulging in margaritas (my favorites are from Dos Segundos in Northern Liberties) or dancing at Silk City!
6. Where do you envision yourself in the next year or so, and what’s one last thing you’d like Philly to remember you by?
I envision myself having a small consulting business or working at a badass full service agency doing awesome digital media work. Or I see myself just completely giving it all up, and opening up a small bakery or diner somewhere and being an awesome pastry chef. So many dreams, so little time. I guess I want the rest of Philly to know (especially small business owners) I’m a social media strategist and I cater to small businesses. Call me, maybe?